[IPn] That time again

Greetings Pumpers and Friends,

February brings with it the first quarterly pledge drive of the new
year. Hopefully this year will be better for everyone. A quick survey
of local charities (their are about 20 in our office complex) reveals
that almost all have seen a decline in funding of 40% or more since
the not so great financial crisis of 2009 and all have had to cut
some combination of staff, services and/or salaries to survive,
Insulin Pumpers is no exception. Insulin Pumpers now needs your help
so that we can continue to provide service to you and the diabetes
community. The majority of our funding comes from individual donors
like you. Your support is vital for us to continue.

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are thousands of members or our
forums now and a small annual contribution from each would easily
provide our funding needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so
we need ALL of you to make at least a small contribution.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... Families with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a
friend or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable
resource that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help with this pledge drive. You
can make a sustaining donation of a monthly pledge of $10 or $20 per
month. This type of gift is very helpful because it provides a
predictable steady income that we can count on. Or...., you can go
big time and make a challenge of $100 or more to the other forum
members to match your generosity with their individual donations.
This is one of our most valuable sources of income. Challenging the
membership to match your contribution has always brought a double or
triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

Oh, and BTW if we have a challenge outstanding the entire first year
of your sustaining membership will be matched up to the available
funding from the challenge.

Where to Contribute. To make a donation or a much needed sustaining
pledge visit our secure donor page at:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate
or
	http://uk.insulin-pumpers.org/donate
			{note the new web address}

To challenge the other forum members to match your generosity, visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/challenge

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035