[IPn] silence is not golden

Yesterday's CONNECTICUT dollar for dollar challenge still stands at
over $400. In order for Insulin Pumpers to access these funds, your
matching donations are needed. If you have not made a contribution to

YOUR forum, please consider doing so now. Our very generous
challengers put these $$ forward to help Insulin Pumpers with the
pledge drive and to encourage you to participate. Accept their
challenge by showing your generosity and helping keep this resource
for the diabetes community solvent and healthy.

To put the pledge drives in context.... If you are a public radio
listener, then you know that pledge drives take an  inordinate amount
of air time. Several time a day there are pledge breaks that last
anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as 30 minutes or more, EVERYDAY
during the drive. This goes on until the funding goals are reached or
exceeded. I'm not fond of pledge drives and am mindful that they can
be annoying. During Insulin Pumpers quarterly pledge drives, messages
to the list are limited to less than one message day -- that takes a
few seconds to read at the most. It is a necessary evil that this
service must pay its bills. I'd be more than happy to forgo the bucks
raised in this manner if there were another source of funding, but I
don't happen to be a zillionaire myself and have not been able to get
the FaceBook guy to foot the bills. In the mean time, the pledge
drives must continue each quarter and go on until the needed funds
are raised to pay day to day expenses. The alternative is to cut back
on what Insulin Pumpers does. Sorry, I don't have another solution.

Many of you may not realize that it takes a lot of effort behind the
scenes to keep Insulin Pumpers going. My highly visible efforts as
well at those of the admin staff mask the efforts of dozens
volunteers and a lot of hard work. Absent all that effort, I'm pretty
sure that chaos would prevail in our hugh mail forum and the content
of the web offering would not be nearly as good as it is. There much
more we could do for sure if there were additional funds available --

To date for this pledge drive, our members have kindly given almost
$2,000. That will almost cover a months worth of day to day operating
expenses. For this quarter, that leaves a lot more to go. To
those that have contributed now and in the past, thank you for your
generosity. To those of you who have yet to make a contribution and
are financially able, I challenge you to help support this forum and
keep it healthy and financially strong. If you participate and feel
that Insulin Pumpers has helped you and you enjoy the support of your
fellow forum members, then make a contribution to support YOUR forum.

With thousands of members we're talking about a penny a
day if everyone would contribute. You probably lose more change than
that! If each member contributed just 40 cents a month -- less than a
buck!!, no fund raising would be needed to reach our goal. I know
that not everyone will do this, and to those of you who have given
more -- much more, you have my sincere thanks on behalf of all the
staff and members as well. So please won't the rest of you consider
making a contribution today. As soon as the goal is reached for
Winter the pledge drive will end. I have no desire to continue it,
believe me.

To the accept CONNECTICUT's challenge or to become a much need
SUSTAINING donor, visit Insulin Pumpers donation page at:

 http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/

Insulin Pumpers
558 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035