Re: [IP] How to get brave with insulin again after a bad low blood sugar?

Hi, Sharon.  I along with everyone else who is diabetic has gone
dangerously low.  I rarely go very low because I use a Dexcom, which I
consider to be the tool that saves my life every day.  I'm not sure how to
get you to stop being so afraid, but I'll try.  When you go so low (even
with a CGM) it is most definitely scary.  The thing is that Dex will
probably alert you when are low even if you are going down so fast that
it's scary: two arrows down and you're at 65.  If you have some very fast
acting carbs like glucose tablets, they will usually work so fast that even
if you are going down really fast, they will save you.  Then even if you
eat too much out of fear, big deal.  You'll just take care of it when
you're too high and you're life will not be in danger.

This is why I can't be without my Dexcom.  It makes me feel sooooooo much
safer.  If I didn't have one, my A1c would be higher, because I'd be too
scared of going too low all of the time.