[IP] High altitude travel malfuntion

I just got back from 4 weeks in Peru and Ecuador, traveling to 8,000 to
10,000 feet elevation and back to sea level several times.  A week
before I left I received a new pump (Minimed 630G).  When going back to
sea level the main button stays pushed in and nothing can be done as the
warning signal gets louder and louder.  The first time this happened I
was on an airplane and could not leave my seat.  In desperation I
decided to loosen the battery.  This resulted in a small swish of air
being released and after resealing the battery my pump worked fine until
the next time I returned from high altitude.

I am assuming that since this pump is waterproof that the seal is much
tighter resulting in problems with the pressure changes.

PS:  I did have my old pump with me for backup.  All in all it was a
wonderful trip and I will continue to travel.  I had an endo appointment
two days after I got back and suspected that my AIC would be around 8
with all meals being served with both potatoes and rice.  Was I
surprised when it was 7.2!!!