[IP] re: Yeast Infections

 I read Phoenix's post, and I wonder who actually diagnosed her yeast
infections. There was a time, maybe 30 years ago, when an anti-yeast infection
craze was going on in this country. People were convinced that they had systemic
yeast infections that made them feel constantly unwell. As a result, they were
eliminating grains from their diet, and any baked goods made with yeast. I am
not sure is Phoenix is talking about something specific to women (vaginal yeast
infections) or the supposed systemic yeast infection. The former can be
perpetuated with poor glycemic control (since the high blood glucose perpetuates
the yeast.) The supposed systemic infection, in my humble opinion, is a fad,
promoted by companies trying to sell anti-yeast supplements, etc. I believe that
fad went out of fashion decades ago, and is currently being replaced by
gluten-free diets for everyone, even though most of us don't have celiac
disease.

YMMV.

Signe

Sent from my iPad