[IP] Re: Medtronic Paradigm 523 question

 I have had the exact same problem for years. I too eat the exact same breakfast
pretty similar to yours 7 days a week and have had the same wild fluctuations
afterwards. It's extremely frustrating. I've been pumping for 20 years and this
has been going on for a long time. I don't know that it corresponds to sites or
when I change sets as I change sets at different times of the day just depending
and I change them every 2-3 days. However, unrelated to that, I've had problems
with overused sites and poor absorption at some sites. But the breakfast problem
is different as it doesn't happen at lunch or dinner and happens with sites that
work well.

  My theory is hormones and cortisol, which as we know, spikes in the morning.
Why it's different day to day, I don't know. It doesn't seem to follow a regular
pattern of weekdays/weekends or anything that I can discern, but maybe I'll get
scientific and start keeping notes as to set change times, how well the sites
have been working, stressful events planned for that day, etc.

 I will say since I switched from regular high fiber multigrain toast 21 gm
carb, 6 gm fiber) to lower carb, high protein Paleo Bread (made with almond
flour, 6 gm carb, 5 gm fiber) a couple of months ago, my after breakfast blood
sugars have been much better, very stable and the frequency of the dips and
spikes have been much less, so maybe it's related to that. It's very pricey but
worth it for the improvement in my blood sugar. Pam

Sent from my iPad

(insulin-pumpers-digest) wrote:

> I just started on the Medtronic pump about 6 weeks ago and am really
 > frustrated. I've been working with my CDE, but neither of us can figure out
why
 > my morning blood sugars are high after breakfast one day and low the next.
I've