[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #379

Kidney stones in diabetics.  Surgical experiences

Hi list,

 I've been dealing with a painful kidney stone and hematuria for two months, and
just learned it is stuck at the junction of the right ureter and bladder. It is
6 mm, and even with Flomax, not passing. A ureteroscopy with a placement of a
stent is scheduled for next Thursday.

 Has anyone had experience with this situation who could relate to me their
story. I am especially interested in how you handled your blood sugar and
insulin requirements, and the difficulty with a stent--I am worried about
infection, kidney function and everything about this invasive procedure.

 I would appreciate responses, and you can email me off list if you would
rather. Many thanks. Lisa.

Sent from my iPad