[IP] Re: Medicare & CGM

To further clarify, Medicaid is a combo of federal and state funds in most
states. The feds give the states money to administer it and some states can
add their own funds and be more generous on the eligibility criteria if they
so choose. Medicaid is not only for those who are disabled, but is also for
those over age 65 - one of the most common categories of Medicaid is known as
the Aged & Disabled Federal Poverty Level program. To qualify you have to be
either disabled or over age 65, not both, and have income and assets within
the guidelines. so Curly's friend who is 67 could indeed have it. There are
also many other specialized categories of Medicaid - e.g.,pregnant women.

And it's true, anyone who receives SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
automatically qualifies for Medicaid. SSI is not to be confused with SSDI
(Social Security Disability Income). Anyway, as we've said before many times,
we don't know how Curly and his friend are getting their supplies and CGMS for
"free", but we do know that someone somewhere is financing it or the supplier
is writing off the balance. And we do know that however Curly is getting his
CGMS covered, Medicare does not cover it for anyone else and therefore people
who believe that Medicare should cover CGM should support the Shea-Porter
bill. Pam

<Medicaid is not state funded Social Security.....and if on SSI -
Supplemental
Security Income - then on Medicaid...>

Sent from my iPad