[IP] Medicare and CGM

 I appreciate everyones responses on this issue. I just ignore Curyls replies
to anything, but I appreciate the thoughtful responses of Jerry and the rest of
you. Periodically I do hear of people who have managed to get coverage, but they
are probably lucky to be glitches in the system. I have 3 years until Medicare
and I am thankful for everyone who is helping to increase awareness of the
issue.

 I do believe that it will take the political clout of Medtronic and to a lesser
degree, Dexcom, to finally get CGM covered by Medicare. Although many people are
frustrated by Medtronics newest pump, the 530g, only being sold as a complete
system, I think that ultimately that might be the route by which Medicare
finally accepts CGM. Until then, I am saving my money and being thankful that
most of my Dexcom G4 sensors last 2-3 weeks.