Re: [IP] T-Slim infusion set

I love them because they're a 90 degree angle set and I just count 1-2-3
and slap it in.  Way less tissue trauma than a Comfort.  They also take
just a tiny bit less insulin to prime and I do my best to conserve
insulin - mostly because t-slims are pretty wasteful compared to Animas
and MM pumps. Also, I can stick the cannula in without having to work
around the tubing (unlike Insets).

Another nice feature is that instead of pulling out if you drop your
pump, it lets loose at the site.  I was standing on a ladder washing
windows and just retrieved my pump from the ground and reconnected it.
(not too sanitary, but I was going to change out cartridge and infusion
set shortly thereafter and darn it, I wanted to finish those windows!:-) ).

A bad feature is that they let loose from the site when you don't want
them to.  If you are accustomed to sleeping with your pump floating
around your bed, this might not be the best thing because your pump
could get loose while you're sleeping.  I clip my t-slim to my bra and
the tubing is under my pj's.  Currently I am using up a box of Comforts,
but I keep peeking into the box wanting to get back to using t-sets! Am
considering adding paper tape over the site at bedtime for added
security.  Comforts, on the other hand, snap in with a loud click and I
don't worry about them.

The first time that I inserted one, I was terribly confused about the
plastic holder that is used for disposing of the inserter needle... Too
funny!  There's a plastic cup that the used inserter needle goes in.  I
must have spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure it out.  You will get
used to finding which way is which so your needle is going in the right
direction, another thing that's tricky about them.

I had a terrible time getting samples.  Send me your snail mail address
and I will send you a couple.  They're Luer-lock, so you will have to
get the adapter cartridges from Fifty-50 in order to use them in an MM.