[IP] Re: Enlite Questions and Concerns

Jenny,

The transmitter times out after 7 days.  This has always been the case as the
transmitter is not new.  You must disconnect the transmitter, recharge, and
reconnect your transmitter to the Enlite sensor.  Then you start the process
again: 1) Link to Sensor; 2) New Sensor;  3) Calibrate after two hour warm-up
period.  You are then good to go for up to six more days.

I have found that the calibration becomes more difficult and I have been
getting calibration errors about day 8 or 9.  You may also find some erratic
readings that change very rapidly up or down for no apparent reason.  If any
of this happens then it is probably time to start a new sensor.  Remember that
the FDA has only approved the Enlite sensor for six days of usage.  My
experience has been that after six days you will need to calibrate more often
than two or three times per day.

I hope this is helpful.

Jerry Smith

Original message from Jenny:

So how does one continually extend the life of the Enlite sensors? I have
tried and keep getting errors on mine. I can't seem to get past day 7. Any
suggestions?