Re: [IP] Medicare Prescriptions

Hi,
I am Type 1, 51 years, Medtronic 530,  and just started Medicare.   I took
my 90 day prescription to CVS and was told for 5 vials of Humalog I owed
$164.00 and $145.00 for One Touch test strips testing 8 times per day.  I
haven't met my deductible, but am confused about the surprisingly high
co-pays.   Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Thank you,
Jo

  Jo, This is not right.  I got mine at CVS using Part B and my 20% Medicare
co-pay was $44.80 for 5 vials of Novolog and $29.15 for 700 One Touch strips.
You may be paying the yearly Medicare deductible as part of this bill which is
$147.  But even with that added in, those prices are much higher than mine.
Were they using Part B?
Julia