Re: [IP] Medicare Prescriptions

 Regarding the test strips, Medicare only allows for 300 test strips in a 90 day
period with the use of insulin. You need to have your doctor. File the
appropriate paperwork for a quantity exception. As for the insulin, your doctor
needs to have it written on the script that it is for use in an insulin pump.
This is in addition to making sure it is filed under the correct part of
Medicare as strips and insulin should be covered under part b.

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 9, 2014, at 14:55, "Jo Blanchard" <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
> Hi,
 > I am Type 1, 51 years, Medtronic 530, and just started Medicare. I took my 90
day prescription to CVS and was told for 5 vials of Humalog I owed $164.00 and
$145.00 for One Touch test strips testing 8 times per day. I haven't met my
deductible, but am confused about the surprisingly high co-pays. Can anyone tell
me if this is correct?