RE: [IP] c-peptide test criteria

I was using 10 strips a day for 5 years. Insurance said I could only have 4
strips a day. My A1c went from 5.6 to 7.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:40 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] c-peptide test criteria

John, maybe your doctors are doing you a favor by charting you as having
type 1. It would make getting overage for your pump and strips easier.B  I
find that to be one of the "benefits" of having type 1. In fact in Oregon,
the commission that makes the policies regarding Medicaid coverage was
discussing limiting people with type 2 to one test strip a week.B B  What's
the point!?!?
Granted most people with type 2 don't need to test as often as type 1, but
one of the uses of testing is the before and after. Can't do that with one
strip a week.