[IP] Re:: DexCom

 Thanks to those who posted. I have been pretty happy with the Medtronic CGM,
and love the integrated pump. The biggest drawback to CGM-ING is the need to
have the pump in close proximity to the transmitter, which is a bummer from a
wardrobe standpoint. Needing to turn off alarms means everyone knows I wear a
pump. So to wear a pump plus a DexCom receiver is something I would never do.

 I insert my MM sensors in the upper buttocks, manually, which looks as though
it might not be as easy with the new Enlite sensors. I will know, soon enough.
Obviously one can safely insert the DexComs there.

 As for DexCom partnering with Animas, I won't switch. Hallie of
theorincessandthepump made it pretty clear awhile ago that she thinks her
daughter's Animas pump caused her near-death experience. Wearers of the new
T-Slim seem not thrilled with their pumps. T:Slim's creator definitely has
partnered with DexCom. I do love my Medtronic pump, and Medtronic's customer
service.

 I'll let everyone know how I fare when I get my new 530G. Perhaps all I will
need to do is turn off the threshold suspend for the first 24 hours, till the
sensor becomes very precise.

Signe

Sent from my iPhone