Re: [IP] Medco/test strips FYI

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, george lovelace wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM, BrentM <email @ redacted> wrote:
> >  Medco gave me a number to call in the past for my endo to call to get an
 > > exception granted to their contractual rules. It worked for me just a
couple
> of
> > weeks ago.
> > I'll see if I can dig it up when I get to work on Monday.
> > -Brent
>

> > Medco does not have a contract with you and they are not obligated to
> > divulge their very private contract with the insurance company. They
> > are a "fulfulment" entity, they are just providing a service for
> > which they are compensated by YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.
> > The latter is who you want to pick the fight with and who is
> > responsible to YOU for the delivery of service, not Medco.
> >  Talk to your insurance provider.
> >

> My doctor was given that number, and after multiple appeals and
> considerable delay, they finally approved 250 strips a month instead
> of the 200 that they were delivering. That's still short of the 300
> that I requested and which I feel would provide me with control that I
> need to improve my A1c.  I would be more interested in the phone
> number to the insurance company or the name of the department that I
> would process my appeal directly to the insurer through.  I don't want
> to argue with someone who doesn't have the power to give me what I
> need.  Give me Goliath's number.
>
> George
> .

Call your insurance provider customer service number and ask to be
connected to the department that co-ordinates 3rd party pharmacy services.
Just don't let them give you a number of the third party provider which is
what they will try to do. I've done this many times and consistently
gotten the same run-around. If you are polite but insistent, you will get
the contact info you need.

Michael