Re: [IP] Medco/test strips FYI

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM, BrentM <email @ redacted> wrote:
>  Medco gave me a number to call in the past for my endo to call to get an
 > exception granted to their contractual rules. It worked for me just a couple
of
> weeks ago.
> I'll see if I can dig it up when I get to work on Monday.
> -Brent

> Medco does not have a contract with you and they are not obligated to
> divulge their very private contract with the insurance company. They
> are a "fulfulment" entity, they are just providing a service for
> which they are compensated by YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.
> The latter is who you want to pick the fight with and who is
> responsible to YOU for the delivery of service, not Medco.
>  Talk to your insurance provider.

My doctor was given that number, and after multiple appeals and
considerable delay, they finally approved 250 strips a month instead
of the 200 that they were delivering. That's still short of the 300
that I requested and which I feel would provide me with control that I
need to improve my A1c.  I would be more interested in the phone
number to the insurance company or the name of the department that I
would process my appeal directly to the insurer through.  I don't want
to argue with someone who doesn't have the power to give me what I
need.  Give me Goliath's number.

George