Re: [IP] dr. rejection after pump failure in the middle of the night?

> I have not posted in a very long time. But I'm feeling upset and
> confused
>  this morning and completely depressed about having diabetes and an
>  unfortunate
> incident last night. I need some help and am hoping someone amongst
> our group  can offer insight. My pump failed last night and required
> me to convert to NPH and Novolog

It is quite easy to inject regular insulin into the disconnect or
guide needle port on most infusion sets. My daughter has done this
when her pump has been on the frits... She used Regular for basals
and injected every 4 hours the same amount as her basal total for
that period. Did the same for bolus insulin but used fast acting
instead of regular. BG's are great for the 3 days that she had to do
this.

Michael