Re: [IP] dr. rejection after pump failure in the middle of the night?

Well, I guess I am not sure why the middle of the night call?  I would call
the pump company to get a new one shipped asap, but not a doctor.  I have
had my pump fail 6 times now and have never had to call a doctor except once
to get a Rx for Lantus.  I have since decided to not use Lantus as part of
my back-up plan.  I just bolus a lot with Humalog (or Novalog) and keep
checking my BG.  I have never had to wait more than a day and a half to get
my replacement pump...oh wait, once it was a full 2 days.  So, I guess my
question is "what did you want the doctor to do for you?"  Did you need a Rx
for something?  If the doctor on call was not an endo, I honestly doubt that
they would have been much use to you.  As far as getting "fired" from your
doctor, I do think that sucks and would seek out a better co-worker in this
disease.  Before embarking on a new doctor quest, ask yourself what went
wrong with the last one?  How can communication be improved and what are
your expectations and are they realistic?  I am sorry this happened and hope
that your new pump arrives safe and sound very soon.
Regards,  Cynthia