[IP] dr. rejection after pump failure in the middle of the night?

I have not posted in a very long time. But I'm feeling upset and confused
 this morning and completely depressed about having diabetes and an unfortunate
incident last night. I need some help and am hoping someone amongst our group
can offer insight.
My pump failed last night and required me to convert to NPH and Novolog
 injections until the replacement arrives. I followed procedure to reach the dr.
on call where I seek treatment. It took several attempts for the receptionist
 to reach the dr. via pager during with I waited more than a half an hour. Once
the  dr. made contact with me, I questioned the long wait and she was less
than  pleasant and didn't apologize and blamed the delay on a faulty pager
 battery. During the phone call, she asked me to repeat information several
times
and  seemed confused and distracted. When I grew frustrated with this, she
 suggested I go to the emergency room and scolded me like a child and eventually
said she  was going to call me back and hung up. I am 36. Diabetic 15 years.
Pumper for  six. My a1c has been highter than 7 only twice. I did not pick up
the phone when  she called back. I instead emailed my regular endocrinologist
 about the experience. His response was kind, but included a recommendation that
I find a  local on-call endocrinologist who can help me should my pump fail
 in the middle of the night (my dr. is about an hour away from where I live). I
have asked for  clarification of the recommendation. It appears I am now
 being rejected as a patient. And I'm not sure how having a local
endocrinologist
makes a difference  over the phone in the middle of the night.
Any thoughts from anyone?
Thanks,
Deanna
t1 since 1992, pumper since 02

In a message dated 2/28/2008 9:40:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,