Re: [IP] Re: Water - OT

At 06:30 PM 2/28/2005, Jan Chait wrote:
>I dunno. The way you get clear ice cubes is to boil the water first -
>which removes the air, which makes ice cloudy. Calcium could also do that
>- but air can, too.
>
>Jan and ElvisToo

But, air will not precipitate out into little white specs in your water
when the ice cubes melt.  As I recall we were talking about well water
which is known to have high amounts of calcium in it.  Even if you boil
well water, you more than likely will still have the calcium in it and the
little white specs in your ice cubes.  I lived with well water for 24 years.  .

RoseLea