[IP] Re: I'm pumping and a question

In a message dated 2/28/2005 3:31:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

When  disconnecting for  a shower, is it best to suspend or to
> set a  temp basal of zero?

Jessica

I used to suspend my Disetronic pumps but for some reason I do not suspend
the Animas.  I like that my Dise beeped at me when I did suspend--it was  like
every 3 or 4 minutes!  I occasionally have forgotten to re-hook thus  the beep
was handy.  I have forgotten once with my "Annie"--remembered a  couple hours
later!  Yes, my BG was higher than I would have liked!   For me, I just let
'er run and hope I remember to re-hook.

Congrats on pumping!  I am pretty sure you will be glad you chose to  pump!

Debbie and "Annie" from Western KY