From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Don Stevens
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 2:11 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] cortisone shots in the spine

 I had steroid injection in Nov 04 and Jan 05, completely painless. Did it
as a
outpatient, they give you a IV and pop a little 'happy juice' into you and
about
a hour later you wake up. Back feels fine not numb and the back pain is gone
:)
It really messed up my glucose, had to double my basals and boluses for
about 2
weeks. Depends on how painful your back is , it was well worth the 2 weeks
of
high glucose.
 For real lasting pain relief, it sometimes takes 3 or more injections , I
will
get another in thenext month os so.
 BTW, you will need to do a lot of testing so that when the steroids wear
off in
a couple of weeks you won't have a 'good' hypo
don