[IP] cortisone shots in the spine

 Next Wed., I will be getting several cortisone shots
in the spine(L4-L5,L1-L2) While I think I'm ready for
the blood sugars going beserk bit (I've never had a
cortisone shot-but at least I know what to expect) I
have a couple of non-specific questions maybe someone
can help me out on..Are Nsaids considered to have
anti-clotting properties? I'm supposed to stop taking
them, if so but I don't know if they are.(its not
aspirin,for crying out loud. I do know that if I stop
taking them, I won't survive to GET the cortisone
shots.) Second question- why would any bodily
infection matter, I thought they treated infections
with cortisone like products (supposed to be
infection-free prior to this) And if anyone has had
one of these- is it really painful or have any initial
numbness? They want me to have someone to drive me
home(which I consider overkill, but I'm just
wondering..)
 Thanks,
    Heidi
    dx 12/98