Re: [IP] BD Meter

In a message dated 2/25/05 1:40:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>My own guess as to the main culprit is in the connection of the strip to the
>meter.

I've only used the BG Link meter twice so far - I got it last week with my
pump - and the results compared fine to my ultra smart - but I did notice that
the strip doesn't insert nearly so deeply as the one touch ultra smart strip
does.  I wonder if that's part of the problem.  Because I'm used the the ultra
smart method, the 2 times I've used the BD, I've felt like the strip can't
possible be in enough.

I've never had any inaccurate readings with the ultra smart.  There are times
when I've wished for it to be wrong, when the reading is 313 or something,
but whenever I retest, I get a result within a few points.

Once I get a prescription for BD strips, I'll really start using it and see
whether it's messed up or not.

Stacey