RE: [IP] Weight Watchers and the pump

Hi Stephanie--

This message board has really been helpful in answering my exercise
questions.  Like you, I am trying to lose weight and don't want to have to
eat before exercising.  I have learned to turn my basal rate way down on the
days I'm going to exercise.  You will have to experiment to see what works
for you.  Exercise lowers my bg drastically and I MUST be above 200 if I'm
going to work out with any intensity.

I have only seen an endocrinologist a few times and that was just to get my
insulin pump prescription.  I have Kaiser (an HMO in California) and all my
medical records are available to my regular internist.  I hope it goes well
for you.  I think Weight Watchers is an excellent, healthy diet for weight
loss, and the support is good too.

I'm currently using eDiets.com (although they are not friendly to
insulin-dependant diabetics; I get around that by not telling them).  They
have many diet options (including one fro Type II's) and support groups.

Karen Howard