Re: [IP] Pros & Cons of new pumps on the market?

In a message dated 2/24/2005 11:14:15 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
You mean, besides robustness? I am fairly new, but I would be wary of
anything where the company sends you two pumps (does some company really
do that?) -- it smacks of an expectation that the pump will break
anyway.

Cheers,
Felix the fossil :).
Since you are "new" by your own admission just thought you should be set
 straight on the supplying of two pumps by disetronic. The company is a swiss
one -
swiss law requires a back up for a medical device. It's not that they think
their product is not good - it is just what the law required - and those of us
lucky enough to be Disetronic users have always had piece of mind and have
 never been sitting up giving ourselves boluses every 4 hours or (ugh) putting a
 long acting insulin in our systems while we wait for a new pump to be delivered
to our door. And gee - neither of my two trusty h-trons EVER have given me a
bit of trouble where i had to send one back and switch to the other (not that
it doesn't happen). And now that they both passed their tech inspection dates
- i have two new pumps...

As for me and bells and whistles - I too caluculate whatever i need to in my
head and enjoy my easy to use trusy htron.

And just for s&*( & grins - when I am considering the purchase of a new
 product I ask the sales person what is RIGHT about theirs...those who can only
tell
me what is wrong with the competition I walk away from.

Ciao
Linda & Dax