[IP] Re: EMLA (LMX, ElaMax)

> I tried to fill a prescription for Emla cream, known now as LMX, and
> my pharmacist told me that it's now over-the-counter (and $50.)
>  Have any of you been able to get it paid for by your prescription
plan?
>  The pharmacist also said that there is a generic available by
prescription,
> but my endo's office wasn't aware of it.

I got my refill of EMLA yesterday. I use two 3" stripes on Mondays,
Wednesdays, and Fridays. I asked the pharmer about it and he said he was
not aware of any OTC of EMLA. There has never (I think) been an Rx
required for LMX or ElaMax. EMLA cream is a diff animal. The generic of
EMLA starts with an F and I am allergic to that so don't recall the name
and it is OTC. I itched something terrible with the generic (I'm
uniquer) and drew blood under the surface of my skin - at 1:20 a.m.!!
Did your Rx say *may substitute*? Did it say LMX or Elamax? Have it
written for EMLA cream. It still requires an Rx if the real thing or
generic.

Try another pharmer.

Oh, I had no probs opening the childproof cap of the generic, but it is
impossible for me to open the EMLA tube. Gotta have my hugsband do it
for me!

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

Everyone should always remember, never say everyone, always, or never.