RE: [IP] Blue cross DME

In the renewal info they sent for 2005 there is a definitions section
>From the Definitions Section

"Benefits Plan:

Durable Medical equipment is equipment that meets all of the following :
- Is for repeated use and is not a consumable or disposable item.
- Is used primarily for medical purposes
- Is appropriate for use in the home"

Seems pretty cut and dried to me .. Even though I called them 4 or 5 times
because I was worried that I would run through the cap pretty easy ...

They are "investigating "  Now .. Should be interesting

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:21 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Blue cross DME

In a message dated 2/10/2005 3:31:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
UHC told me the same thing over the phone BUT in reading the contract it
specifically says that Consumables are NOT DME
Thank you Doug,
How did you get a copy of the contract?  They just gave my husband paper
work
and it is not in contract form.  Just says DME is limited to 2,000.
Brenda