Re: [IP] Diabetes, the news, and misinformation

 What did you have in mind? A petition for a few of us to sign and send off to
various tv stations in our area? All we need are fax machines to fax our letters
and copiers to make copies of the letters or memos we write and send them to the
local stations. Mabye one to CNN will help too.

Robert

Brian C <email @ redacted> wrote:
Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
$1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:

After seeing a large numbers of stories in the news lately with obvious
misinformation related to diabetes I got thinking about starting a network
of people that would be interested in write to the stations/shows which
happen to spread the wrong information about diabetes.

I have seen that it is mainly just a mistake in that they Group all forms
of diabetes into one group "Diabetes" which happens to be Type 2 diabetes
in most cases.

Would anyone be interested in helping get a network together to help inform
the media and hope they are more accurate in the future?

Brian Carter
Petition for a Cure at:
http://www.DiabetesBytes.com