RE: [IP] Insurance and Your Second Pump

I had Medco when I got my pump.  I got 3 months of supplies at a time from
Minimed and have not had any copay.  As of Jan 1, 2005 I am on Cigna.  I
will see what happens.
Devorah

Currently I'm using about 140 units, which is a lot.  It's strange because
at
the end of July, I was using about 60 units, same eating program, etc.
We'll
see what happens when I go on the pump.  The continuous glucose monitor I
 wore for 5 days a couple of weeks ago shows a BG range of 60 to 360 (though
the
360 is higher by 100 than I ever usually get).

My insurance is pretty good (once you get them to agree to what the policy
 says), and will cover whatever I need in a month for the co-pay. The thing
I'm
wondering about is whether the minimed supplies can only be purchased
through
minimed as I can usually get a three month supply of prescriptions for two
 month's co-pays - so if my mail order pharmacy (medco) has the minimed
supplies,
that might be a cheaper route.  I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,
Stacey