Re: [IP] Insurance and Your Second Pump

In a message dated 2/3/05 11:08:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>What is your TDI?   High enough to consider U-500?   If
>it is a "labor" issue only, then perhaps the 71x from MM should be
>your choice.   If it is a cost issue, you might do some hard figuring
>with Animas prices along with the consideration that you can use
>Standard Luer lock infusion sets.

Currently I'm using about 140 units, which is a lot.  It's strange because at
the end of July, I was using about 60 units, same eating program, etc.  We'll
see what happens when I go on the pump.  The continuous glucose monitor I
 wore for 5 days a couple of weeks ago shows a BG range of 60 to 360 (though the
360 is higher by 100 than I ever usually get).

My insurance is pretty good (once you get them to agree to what the policy
 says), and will cover whatever I need in a month for the co-pay. The thing I'm
wondering about is whether the minimed supplies can only be purchased through
minimed as I can usually get a three month supply of prescriptions for two
 month's co-pays - so if my mail order pharmacy (medco) has the minimed
supplies,
that might be a cheaper route.  I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,
Stacey