Re: [IP] Freestyle problem

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:38:45 -0600, you wrote:

>>They have sent me 3 meter so far and I have had the same problem
>>with
>>all of them. This could end up killing someone if they thought it was a
>>correct reading and gave a correction bolus. Its really terribly I cant
>>trust
>>the freestyle meter and I now only have those strips left. Has anyone had
>>the
>>same problem?

I've had that problem with the paradigm link meter from BD.  A consistant error
rate of a bit less than 5 percent of the readings would be WAY off, similar to
what you describe.

 i've been using the freestyles, but the flash and the Tracker, for several
years
now.  Never encountered other than very rare errors with it.  The flash
sometimes fools me with it's small display, if I think the strip is all the way
in when it is not, and I then end up adding blood but it never beeps, and only
then do i realize the strip wasn't in all the way, wasting a strip.  And a
couple times I've mistakenly put in an already used strip.  If it's well dried,
it may not always generate an immediate error, but does so when you then add
more blood.

As to errors you've seen, do make sure you add enough blood to the strip.  The
 one occasional problem I have is that blood feeds into some strips slowly,
which
 can be tricky.to hold a finger there for extended seconds. A few times this has
resulted in errors, and I'd assume sometimes one might get a weird reading,
though i'm no aware of having had them myself.  I'd also wonder if you're being
 sure your hands are clean and dry before testing. that can throw off any meter.

Peter