Re: [IP] Insurance and Your Second Pump

I thought that myself when the IR1200 first came out.  When I got my
IR1000, I was using over 100 units of insulin a day, but as my control
has gotten better, my usage has dropped to around 40-50 units a day.

Along with some weight.

YMMV of course.

I've also found that I get better control if I change everything every
two days, I've found that I can really only push about 120 units of
insulin through a site before it goes bad.  Any more than that, I end
up scratching the site off in my sleep.

I've also found that my insulin was degrading when I didn't change
more frequently.  If I start using more insulin again, and the
cartridges become a cost factor, I'd refill once before I'd keep the
insulin in the cartridge.

And I'm hopefully awaiting a 1200.  My doctor and I want the IOB, the
finer basal and bolus control because I am insulin sensitive, and I
have 3 different bolus rates to keep up with.  At least 3.

--
Kathleen Weaver