Re: [IP] Insurance and Your Second Pump

At 10:25 PM -0500 2/3/05, email @ redacted wrote:
>In a message dated 2/3/2005 10:05:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>>
>>That can be done with an Animas also!         :>)
>
>Yes, but the animas doesn't hold enough insulin for me - I'd be changing sets
>all the time as I'm an insulin resistant type 2...
>Stacey

I remember the days when Minimed, though it was a 300 unit pump,
would tell everyone that you should only put x amount in for 3 days.
Yep, changing more often than you have to can be a pain AND
expensive.   What is your TDI?   High enough to consider U-500?   If
it is a "labor" issue only, then perhaps the 71x from MM should be
your choice.   If it is a cost issue, you might do some hard figuring
with Animas prices along with the consideration that you can use
Standard Luer lock infusion sets.

George