RE: [IP] Re: Parents and Children with Type 1

I have 5 adopted children.  On the first one I was 30 and I remember  the
 question of could I care for the baby. The doctor had to sign a paper
stating I
was capable of caring for an infant.  That was back in  1985.  We adopted 4
more children, a sibling group,  in December of  2001.  There was no mention

whatsoever in the process about me being a  diabetic.  Could it have been
 because we adopted a 17 y/o, a 13 y/o, a 10 y/o and a 4 y/o? !!!!! I do
remember
the original worker stating  they had a diabetic grandmother trying to adopt
grandchild and there could be  some problems for her.
There are many others on this site who have also adopted children.   For
those of you who are thinking of adopting, don't forget the older  child.
Our
 oldest son, soon to be 20 in March, is in the Marine Corp stationed in
Fallujah,
Iraq.  Our other son, 16, is getting his driver's  license in a couple of
months.

Debbie from Western KY

Congrats on adopting five children.  I have 2 biological children and
thought they were plenty!  And I am the oldest of seven.  I am the only one
in my family to have T1.

Devorah