[IP] Re: Do You Take Glycemic Index Into Account

    Wayne, you don't mention time in your evaluation of the GI. I am not
commenting on the index number itself but just the use of the GI index. It
is supposed to give you an idea of how quickly those carbs will affect the
BG. Yes, the" BG goes to the same level , depending only on the carb
content, so the insulin requirements are independent of GI." But wouldn't a
low Gi food be better dealt with by using a delayed or a square wave bolus?
A slow BG build up deserves a slow insulin delivery. I hope that I haven't
misunderstood you.
    I think that measurements in T2 people are a bit more complicated
because you need to know how much of the phase 1 & 2 response is left.
Because of that I  think that GI measurements taken on pure T1 people would
be more relevant, even better than non DM folks.
                            Peter 1