[IP] Re: iEye health question

<snip> I have my eyes dilated and photographed yearly. I've always had
the
> doctor tell me everything looks perfect. Keeping my fingers crossed--I
> go again next week.
<snip> I'm wondering if you can have a perfect test, and in the course
of
> the year before you go back, deteriorate to the point of having a
problem?
> Or are bleeds something that take years to reach the point of
bursting?

I had very good eyes at year 39 and the eyeologist told me since I had
no signs of retinopathy, I would not get it. At year 47 my vision went
from 20/30 to 20/200 in 5 weeks, then in a few months to 20/400 and that
was with glasses. I had a vitrectomy and I now have 20/25 vision without
glasses. I need bifocals to read due to cataract surgery at year 43 and
plastic implants do not focus like natural lenses. I have worn glasses
since I was 9 y/o and don't mind to be able to read at will without
pulling them out of my purse. YMMV

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

I don't need glasses but I've reached the age where curiosity is greater
than vanity ~ Red Skelton