Re: [IP] Re: Insulet picture (Disposable pumps)

>Does the idea of a disposable insulin pump bother anyone else?   It could just
>be me, but creating a society dependant upon disposable consumables is acting
>for trouble and creating bad habits.   We already have enough stuff to throw
>away now and can't handle the amount of trash in our landfills.

Question is, would a disposable pump put more strain on the trash
system than do the current disposables (tubing, sets, reservoirs)
associated with insulin pumps?  Actually, sterility is one valid
reason for disposables--I wouldn't want to go back to boiling
syringes!  It's the disposable (and unnecessary) packaging materials
I hate.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska