From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Paula Bosarge
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:49 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] diluted insulin

My minimed rep/advisor wants me to dilute my insulin with water - tap
water - so that I'd be using a solution of 50% humalog & 50% water. (I've
been having trouble with my sites lasting long enough, and she's convinced
it's because my basal rates aren't high enough. I stay @ .2 all day except
for a few hours during the morning. For the past 2 weeks, however, all of
my sites - I use silhouettes - have lasted 3 or 3 1/2 days!) Does anyone
else dilute their insulin? This really scares me!! What if I don't get the
water measured perfectly? Wouldn't it just be easier to use a U-50 insulin?
My advisor said U-50 was an option, but she preferred to dilute hers. (She
used to dilute when she was smaller & had lower basals.)