RE: [IP] Retinopathy and Pan Retinal Laser Question

My experience with proliferate retinopathy was that thee were the blood
vessels shown through pics of the eyes and immediate laser was suggested.
Was supposed to have only 7 or so treatments to each eye.

Wound up having 37 treatments between both eyes over a three year period.

Sometimes there was bleeding afterwards or in between treatments and
bleeding always reabsorbed back into the eye.

Had lots of "floaters" which were the blood vessels burnt off and
dissipating but not continuous bleeding.

I sincerely hope that you are resting a lot and not bending or picking
anything up.

One time I bent down to pick up a piece of paper and bloop, another bleeding
episode.

Also try to lay down with lots of pillows with your head raised.

What does your doctor have to say about all of the bleeding?

Best of luck to you and word of advice...do anything you have to do in order
to save your vision.

After a three year period of all those laser treatments, I am left with only
tunnel vision, no depth perception, severe night blindness, difficulty in
seeing colors (in other words, half blind)...but I'd take half any day
rather than totally!

Kathy Bruckmeyer