[IP] Re: The pump ball has started to roll.....

> You're fortunate if they don't get you under durable medical.  Not
only are
> pumps considered DME in many HMO's but supplies are considered DME
even though
> they are not durable.
> Not to mention, when they cut your benefits to 50 percent from 100
percent,
> and tell you the supplies are DME. It gets expensive!

And under my plan, strips are DME. I wonder if the powers that be ever
tried to reuse strips. My plan is after $750 deductible, they will
gladly pay 75% up to $500.00. What a plan!!! One refill of strips eats
that up immediately.

So glad my friend sold me her slightly used 508 - which I wanted for the
slow delivery and the clicks. YMMV

Jan (47 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

I'm looking for clichis no one has used before