Re: [IP] Re: AETMIS evaluation

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:08:19 -0800, you wrote:

>>While I am not Canadian and am not subject to the AETMIS evaluation, I am
>>surprised at the conclusion the same results can be achieved by most with
>>either MDI or an insulin pump.  How many people on MDI would have either
>>the motivation or opportunity to give themselves a unit or two when they
>>find they are moderately higher than desired.  Maybe I am wrong and most
>>people on MDI do walk around with a bottle of insulin.  Does anyone know?

Before going on the pump a year ago, I didn't walk around with a bottle of
insulin, but I DID walk around with an insulin pen in my pocket.  With the pen,
a correction bolus of half a unit is no more difficult than one of ten units.
The main difference in control is not in the bolus doses for food or
corrections.  It's the much more customizable basal rates, at least in my
experience.

Peter