Re: [IP] Do You Take Glycemic Index Into Account

The only thing I really use the glycemic index for is in selecting
emergency carbs to correct low blood sugar.  Then I want the highest
glycemic index available.  Very low glycemic index is also called the
"pizza effect."  What you really want to do if you're on insulin is
match the glycemic effect of what you eat to the response curve of
the insulin--a nearly impossible effort, given that a low-carb and a
high-glycemic food may combine to give a very low effective glycemic
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska