RE: Subject: [IP] Parents & Children with Type 1

 Oour daughter just wrote an autobiography for 5th grade & had one line that was
classic: "I am perfectly healthy except that I was diagnosed as diabetic in
March 2004". I don't think she sees being a diabetic as stopping her from being
"perfectly healthy".

Tom

Sorry I had to comment on that... I got tears in my eyes - My daughter said
something similar to that. She was ok with having diabetes. Neither me or
her dad are T1 nor do we have relatives with it. T2 is very prevalent in my
family. Is is disheartening to know that kids are accepting of the daily
challenges. Good and bad overall...

Keirsten