[IP] pravachol vs lipitor

I have read a lot about statins, but seem to get more confuzzled, rather than
more informed :-)

I have been taking Pravachol (pravastatin) with good results for some time,
but, alas, with the new year cam a new drug/prescription plan and they are
'encouraging' me to change to Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium?)

I know both are statins, have similar warnings (liver, muscle troubles, etc)
and similar interactions listed (erythromycin?) but other than that, is it
just personal body 'bonding'?  I mean, is it just a matter of what works for
you might not work for the next guy, like BP meds? (where a patient might have
to try several things before happening onto one that works to keep BP down
without causing side effects?)

Thanks
Michelle