Re: [IP] more newbie stuff

> I wonder if I could get
> an extra infusion set and have him wear it for a couple of days to show
him it
> doesnt really hurt???  Of course no insulin or anything just the canula.

Your trainer should give you an extra set for him to *experience.* Can he go
with you so the trainer can assist in the process? In '83 my hugsband tried
a set in conjunction with my first one. That was one of the hardest things I
had ever done - insert that needle in me knowing it would stay for 3 days
and not come out before. That night we went to choir practice and the
director showed us all how to breathe correctly from the diaphragm. He
patted his stomach just about in the places where we had these trial sets.
oooooooooh - we *felt* it.  ;-)

Hope it works out for you. - That was 19.5 years ago for us.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

Even the most well-intentioned family member can't truly understand what it
means to live with diabetes day in and day out ~ Melissa, a teen IPer