Re: [IP] Animas Battery Alarm

I don't manually record any information on paper.  When I remember, I do
enter site changes into my Freestyle Tracker.   To remind myself to change
my sites, I tend to use the reservoir as my indicator.  Since I use about 65
units a day, I fill the res with about 210 units and wait for it to empty
as my trigger to change sites again (3 days).   I reuse reservoirs 2 or 3 times
before I throw them, so wasting them by changing after only filling with 210
units isn't a problem.

On my R1000, I get about 8 weeks of battery life before the pump throws it's
semi-monthly fit.  They suggested I change them more often, but they don't
pay for the batteries, I do.   If they're claiming to have fixed the battery
problems in later R1000 generations, I think they're full of it.  They
replaced my R1000 once and it still does it.  I wasn't happy at the time
since I was high and needed to bolus.