[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #93

> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:03:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mark Therieau <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Paradigm battery life changed drastically for me...

> David-

> I've had my Paradigm for 7 months as well.  Battery life has been
> erratic since November (over last 7 battery changes: min=6 days,
> max=23 days, current battery=21 days and counting).  I've noticed
> that most of the times that the batteries have quit early have been
> when I'm running outside in very cold weather.  The low battery
> alarms occur on the hour and while the pump is pretty cold, since
> many times I'm out for 1.5hrs+
>
> regards,
> markt
>
> >I've had a Paradigm for 7 months now.  Until recently I was about to get
> >3 to 4 weeks out of a single Energizer Max battery.  Lately, though,
> >this has changed.  I'm unable to get more than 4 days out of a battery.
>
> >I'm beginning to think that the pumps are fine, but that Energizer has
> >(inadvertently or not) changed something about their batteries.  Wish I
> >could find an older battery to test this theory out...
>
> >Anyone else have something similar going on?

I have also had this problem.  I began pumping on 12/2/02.  The first 2
times I had to change the battery it lasted 3 weeks.  Now, they die after 1
week consistently.  I spoke to a rep at Minimed and they sent me a new
battery cap stating that that could potentially cause the problem.  If it
doesn't work I need to send the pump in.

Cheryl
Paradigm (Pumping since 12/02)
RI