Re: [IP] restless legs syndrome, myoclonic jerking

I wrote:
>>>My hugsband has/had Restless Leg Syndrome and he has not been dx'd
with DM. The painologist, however, did Rx a medication that helps RLS, but
hugsy hasn't had this happen so we haven't got it filled. When he did
regularly have RLS, I'd lie there and count it happening every 13 seconds -
like clockwork.>>>

Spot replied:
>Myoclonic jerking is quite common when you are on dislysis, restless legs
is inherited. the medication of choice for restless legs is a small dose of
parkinson's medication or clonapin. restless legs responds to this. Clonopin
helps with myoclonic twitching or jerking. often your partner will tell you
when you have either behavior and what it looks like., spot A L Bender. M,

Dear dr. spot,
Are you saying since *I* am the one on dialysis and lie there counting my
hugsband's jerks, it is passed to *him* through those 15g needles in *my*
forearm?? teehee

Dialyzing since 7/8/02

I'm exhausted. I spent all morning putting a comma in, and all afternoon
taking it out. ~ Mark Twain